Dialectic Icon

Can I use Dialectic with my iPhone?

Yes, Dialectic can dial your iPhone using the Bluetooth Phone Dial Method. In addition, Dialectic can monitor your iPhone for incoming call detection.

To dial with your iPhone, follow these steps:

If you want to manually configure Dialectic (though, really, the “Configure for iPhone” utility is the easiest way to go), here’s what you need to do:

1. Go to the Bluetooth Phone Dial Method configurations section of the Dial Methods and either create a new configuration or use the default configuration.
  2. In the configuration pane, use the Standard tab and click the “Choose Phone” button. In the resulting Bluetooth browser, select your iPhone.
  3. Leave the “User Alternate Bluetooth Dial Command” option disabled.
  4. Finally, set your Dialing Rules call type settings to use this Bluetooth Dial Method configuration for all call types you want dialed with your iPhone (e.g., Local, Domestic Long-Distance, etc.).

For more information, see the problem solving section: How do I configure Dialectic for dialing my Bluetooth mobile?

See the incoming call detection documentation for more information about configuring Dialectic to monitor your iPhone for incoming calls.

Open

Open Bluetooth Preferences

Open Bluetooth Phone Configuration Settings