- v1.5.8 - Released September 30, 2009
- Improved support for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Minor code & interface updates.
- v1.5.7 - Released May 14, 2008
- Improved support for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
- Improved support for Entourage 2008.
- Minor code & interface updates.
- Note: This update increases the minimum requirements to Mac OS X 10.4.9+.
- v1.5.6 - Released October 23, 2007
- Fixed several minor bugs.
- v1.5.5 - Released June 29, 2007
- Fixed a launch error that occurred in some situations when EntourageABMenu is launched and Entourage is not.
- Fixed a Google map bug.
- Many memory & code optimizations.
- Several minor enhancements.
- v1.5.4 - Released January 29, 2007
- Improved French localization thanks to Ronald Leroux.
- Corrected an issue when using the “Speak” action.
- Fixed an error opening new mail on some international systems.
- Minor fixes and enhancements.
- v1.5.3 - Released January 11, 2007
- Added option to disable the new mail check.
- Fixed an error that prevented the application from finding contacts in Entourage on some systems.
- Fixed an error related to retrieving new messages on some systems.
- Fixed an error that prevented launch on some international systems.
- v1.5.2 - Released January 8, 2007
- Added new “Insert Text” action for contact menu items. Selecting this will insert the selected contact data item as text into the frontmost application.
- Added “New Mail” menu item that will list any new mail messages received in Entourage (it polls Entourage, if open, every 60 seconds).
- Added Option-double-click to the found contacts table in the Lookup window to open the selected contact(s) in Entourage (if you want to open multiple contacts, try holding down Shift and Option when double-clicking on found contacts).
- Improved Lookup function so that it searches all contact fields, not just name and company.
- Improved handling of extra long menu item titles (they will now word wrap at a maximum line length of 60 characters).
- Improved registration process.
- Fixed “Show on Map” action bug that prevented using mapping services other than Google.
- Minor interface and code enhancements.
- v1.5.1 - Released October 20, 2006
- Added several international Google Maps options.
- Added feature to select multiple names in the found contacts section. When selecting multiple contacts and then using the action menu, the default email addresses (if available) for the selected contacts will be used to send an email to all group members in the address field specified in the preferences (To, Cc, or Bcc).
- v1.5 - Released June 8, 2006
- Added geographical menus for sorting contacts by city, state/province, and country.
- Added user-defined sorting to lookup results.
- Added multiple word searching to personal lookup (e.g., you can now search on name and company at once).
- Added double-click action to display data menu for found contact in lookup.
- Improved remote lookup performance.
- Improved compatibility with accounts that have a large number of contacts.
- Fixed a bug that prevented launch or menu rebuild if you deleted a contact in Entourage currently in the Recently Used menu.
- Minor interface enhancements.
- Note: on the first launch of v1.5, even if you have set EntourageABMenu to use a data cache, your data will be reloaded from Entourage. This is necessary due to an update to the internal cache format. Subsequent launches of v1.5 will respect your option to use the data cache.
- v1.4 - Released April 26, 2006
- Added a recently used contacts submenu.
- Added support for contact URLs and notes.
- Added option to determine the order of contact submenus (All, Alphabetical, etc.).
- Added option to determine inclusion and order of contact data items (phone, email, etc.).
- Added options for map source (no longer limited to just Google Maps).
- Added option to determine field for group emails.
- Added utilities menu for making new items, switching identities, running schedules, and toggling work offline status.
- Added submenu to the groups submenu for contacts that are not members of any group.
- Added complete keyboard control to lookup window. Tab to switch between the search field and the found contact table, press enter or return to display the contact data menu, arrow up or down and press return to select a contact data item.
- Using the “Copy to Clipboard” selection action with the main menu item will copy all contact data to the clipboard.
- Improved lookup speed when local database contains a large number of contacts.
- Fixed bug that prevented copied data from pasting properly in some applications.
- Fixed a launch error that occurred on some non-US English systems.
- Fixed the menu display when no contacts are found.
- Many interface enhancements.
- Note: on the first launch of v1.4, even if you have set EntourageABMenu to use a data cache, your data will be reloaded from Entourage. This is necessary due to an update to the internal cache format. Subsequent launches of v1.4 will respect your option to use the data cache.
- v1.3 - Released April 6, 2006
- Added an option to make the contact data cache persistent which makes subsequent launches significantly faster. This also enables modifications to the display options to be enacted without requiring a slow data reload from Entourage. In addition, when the cache is enabled, the automatic data reload option is disabled and clicking on the Exchange accounts or category popup menus will not initiate a live update from Entourage. If you enable the cache and you need to update your contact information in EntourageABMenu because you have modified your contacts in Entourage, selecting “Reload Data Now” from the main menu or the preference window will force the cache to be rebuilt.
- Added an option to automatically reload the contact data at a specific time each day. Using this feature, you could reload the data at a time when the machine is not in use (e.g., 3:00 AM) which allows your contact data in EntourageABMenu to be synchronized with Entourage without bogging down the system when it needs to be responsive.
- Added options to the main contact name selection action to create a new email, dial with the phone number AppleScript, or show on Google Maps. If one of these items is selected the default email address, phone number, or postal address (respectively) is used for the action. If the required default data is not available for the contact, selecting the main contact name will do nothing.
- Added selection action for groups (contacts grouped by a single category or company) to create new email with each of the default email addresses (if available) for all group members in the BCC field.
- Modified the preferences so changing any of the display options and rebuilding the menus will not require the contact data to be reloaded from Entourage.
- Improved support of contact names with diacritical characters (accent marks).
- Fixed an error that caused the default postal address to not be listed first in some instances.
- Fixed an error when creating a new email to a contact with an ampersand in the name.
- Significant speed and memory optimizations.
- Several interface modifications.
- Added French translation by Hervé Bismuth.
- v1.2 - Released March 30, 2006
- Added option to disable any of the contact submenus.
- Added support for contacts stored in Exchange-based address books.
- Added Outlook Web Access Global Address List lookups (requires an Exchange account with Outlook Web Access Global Address List search capabilities and Entourage 2004 SP2+).
- Added option to normalize company names (this will attempt to clean and consolidate company names so that contacts will be grouped together if their company is the same except for minor variations such as character case).
- Added option to use icons that more closely resemble the Entourage interface.
- Added option to quit Entourage after loading data (note: clicking on the category names or Exchange account names popups causes EntourageABMenu to reload these popup menus with current data from Entourage and, if Entourage is not open, EntourageABMenu will launch Entourage).
- Added option to include title and suffix in contact names (where available).
- Other minor interface tweaks.
- v1.1.2 - Released March 24, 2006
- Improved memory management.
- Minor interface tweaks.
- v1.1.1 - Released March 23, 2006
- Fixed a bug that prevented launch on some Mac OS X 10.3.9 systems.
- Minor code optimizations.
- v1.1 - Released March 23, 2006
- Significantly improved the speed of the content load from Microsoft Entourage.
- Added dial scripts for Skype and Gizmo.
- Added the option to disable the Command modifier for the global lookup hotkey.
- Fixed the modifier key representations for the global lookup hotkey in the menu.
- v1.0 - Released March 22, 2006
- Initial public release.
Copyright © 2009 JNSoftware LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Mac, Macintosh, Mac OS X, and AppleScript are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
All other products mentioned are copyright of their respective owners.
No endorsement of or affiliation with any third-party product or service is implied.
Terms and Conditions
- Mac OS X 10.4.9+ (including OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion)
- Microsoft Entourage vX, 2004, or 2008
|Add a Comment|