- On test machines, the right ambient light sensor appears somewhat less sensitive than the left. Several users have observed the same behavior. There could be many reasons for this: it could be by design by the manufacturer, inconsistency in hardware sensors, incorrect placement of the sensors on the machine, dust or other debris in the speaker grills, etc. Further, in many cases, it seems the right sensor is actually dependent on the left sensor.
If your machine exhibits this same behavior, it is most likely that your particular machine is not defective but simply the nature of the design by the manufacturer. To address the issue, a future version of Lilt may be designed so that independent readings are ignored and the two sensors will be taken as a single value to trigger an action. In the meantime, however, be aware that it may require that the left ambient light sensor must be obscured for the right to register a valid value.
- Currently, Lilt only tracks the SMS for the x- and y-axes. A future version may enable a trigger based on tracking the SMS along the x-axis (up and down).
- v1.0 - Released November 30, 2006
- Initial commercial release. Lilt is fully functional except that it will quit after 15 minutes of use until registered.
- v1.0pr9 - Released November 16, 2006
- Added light & SMS calibrations.
- Added version check.
- Added many new AppleScript actions.
- Improved handling of actions when a left/right or forward/backward tilt action just occurred (there is now a 1 second grace period before triggering actions on the same axis).
- Restored previous behavior where the “Swap Light Sensors” button is only displayed on PPC-based machines.
- v1.0pr8 - Released November 13, 2006
- Major code re-write.
- Added Active Application Sets. Create a new set per application to only trigger actions when the target application is frontmost. Adding actions to the default set will trigger them when any application that does not have its own set is frontmost.
- Added customizable read interval. Smaller intervals will make Lilt more responsive to changes but will utilize more CPU cycles.
- Several minor interface enhancements.
- v1.0pr7 - Released October 31, 2006
- Extended the trial period to November 30, 2006 while new features and improvements are added to the software.
- v1.0pr6 - Released October 19, 2006
- Added option to flip the left and right light sensors for machines where these readings were incorrectly swapped.
- Added arguments when running scripts to pass the sensor and its current and previous readings when the action was triggered.
- Added more script action examples.
- Improved compatibility with some G4-based machines.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the app from launching on international systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused the main window to sometimes jump erratically when adjusting the tilt threshold combo boxes.
- v1.0pr1 - Released October 16, 2006
- Initial public pre-release. This version will cease to function after October 31, 2006.
Copyright © 2007 JNSoftware LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Mac, Macintosh, Mac OS X, and AppleScript are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
All other products mentioned are copyright of their respective owners.
No endorsement of or affiliation with any third-party product or service is implied.
Terms and Conditions
- Mac OS X 10.4+
- An Apple Macintosh portable computer that has ambient light and/or sudden motion sensors.